Husky is pleased to offer an opportunity for diverse-owned businesses to participate in the Husky Energy Diverse Supplier Development Program. With a focus on mentorship and coaching, this program aims to develop diverse suppliers and to build their capacity to supply to the oil and gas industry.
Husky's Diverse Supplier Development Program will give diverse-owned businesses an opportunity to be paired with a Husky mentor who has expertise in an area in which they need development, such as:
- Business/strategic planning
- Financial planning
- Human resource management
- Occupational health & safety
- Technical knowledge
- The bidding process
- Business processes
Participating businesses must commit to participate in the program for a one-year period and the business-owner will be expected to meet with their mentor on a quarterly basis. Participants will be responsible for funding any necessary travel and expenses.
Application and Eligibility
Interested diverse-owned businesses will be required to complete and submit an application form.
When selecting mentees, the criteria that will be considered includes, but is not limited to:
- Business must be 51% or more owned, managed and controlled by one or more of the designated groups (women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minorities) and must be based in Newfoundland and Labrador; and
- Application must include clear objectives for the mentorship and a description of how it will build the capacity of the company to supply to the oil and gas industry.
Participation in the Diverse Supplier Development Program is for supplier development purposes only and does not provide participants with any advantage in Husky's full and fair procurement process.
Please submit applications to Ashley Turner, Diversity and Education/Training Specialist at email@example.com by May 22, 2015.